Worship Media Arts

Family Feud PowerPoint template

feuding_families_blog

A few years ago at the church I was serving, Community of Hope in Mansfield TX, we did a Family Feud skit during Christmastime. It was a silly little sketch, really – one family was composed of the typical charcaters from Christmas, such as Frosty and Rudolph, and the other family was Mary and Joseph, with the wisemen helping out. You can guess the “point” of the drama. The team was very enthusiastic. Me, not so much. But believing in team, I went along, and played the host.

It wasn’t the best kind of worship moment in terms of reaching real human conditions through meaningful artistic expressions, I thought, and I never expected it to go anywhere beyond the Sunday morning we did it.

A few weeks later I was online at churchmedia.net and came across someone wanting some help with a Family Feud PowerPoint template for an event this person was planning at their church. I posted a link to the media I had created.

That was over four years ago.

Apparently, Family Feud is popular. In spite of everything we have done at Midnight Oil since January of 2005, that thread continues to be the one of the most popular incoming links to our site. To give you an idea, over 300 people have come to Midnight Oil in the past two weeks to see our Family Feud template.

So, we decided to improve on the original template, fix it up for easy customization, and offer it as an official Midnight Oil resource. So, now, when you are ready to do Family Feud, here is where you can go to get the media you’ll need. (46646)

8 Comments so far »

1. Tammy Garrison said,

Wrote on April 22, 2009 @ 11:51 pm

So I have two sermon series coming up I’d love to see what you guys could come up with. One ins Roman Roadtrip. Obviously, we’re going through the book of Romans. The other is the Book of Revelation. Great Book with lots of visual images. You guys come up with it, and I’ll buy it off of you!

2. FLORA AGBAJE said,

Wrote on April 24, 2009 @ 2:30 am

I have 2 events coming up for the children’s department in my church.
    the first theme is, ‘God’s Presence’ and the second is, ‘The Word of the King’. for the first, i plan to use Saul to show a character that enjoyed the presence of God for a while, but later lost it. the windmill you have seem to be ok in that i can use it to show the kids that God is present, though we might not see Him – like we do not see air or wind but we know it is present. if you can come up with something els, i’d be interested.

3. The MO Guys said,

Wrote on April 29, 2009 @ 11:53 am

The windmill item is great for the presence of God / the Holy Spirit. On the Word of the King, I have been racking my brains for a theme that we have that would work, but the only thing I can think of is an Edict or a scroll with a wax seal that they used in Medieval times.

4. FLORA AGBAJE said,

Wrote on April 30, 2009 @ 12:47 am

please give details about the “Edict and scroll with a wax seal that they used in Medieval times”.

5. The MO Guys said,

Wrote on May 2, 2009 @ 12:44 am

Just a visual of a scroll of paper with a wax seal. Important documents were sealed with wax and a stamp, so it would have a royal imprint in the wax, so people would know if it’s been opened.

6. Michelle said,

Wrote on May 29, 2009 @ 7:00 pm

Love this game. I am thinking of purchasing it for the church to use for family night and for the youth to use as well. Are you working on doing any other kinds of game shows? (Jeopardy or $25,000 Pyramid)

7. Alice said,

Wrote on December 15, 2009 @ 4:38 pm

I purchased this game yesterday and am trying to set it up for our Christmas luncheon. Is there anyway to set it up where I can click on the answer instead of programming the sequence ahead of time in powerpoint?

8. Cory said,

Wrote on January 22, 2010 @ 10:01 am

I wish to ask the same question as Alice. Is there a way to answer similarly to the game show, not in a predetermined fasion? I haven’t recieved a return phone call yet.

Comment RSS · TrackBack URI